Amos Shapira wrote:

On 25/10/2007, *Meir Michanie* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    I uploaded some tracks to openstreetmap and I having dificulties
    to use its
    interface.  If anyone can contact me it would help me to load some
    tracks
    and hopefully help creating a free map for Israel.

<rant mode>
This is ridiculous, have you seen Google Maps recently? All of the middle east is covered with road information except Israel: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=israel <http://maps.google.com/maps?q=israel> True, it's not as full as many other places (Brazil, New-Zealand, to name some "obvious" leaders) but you can find details about the tiny alleys of Cairo, for instance.
</rant mode>
On the other hand, the ymap site is well detailed. If I zoom into my moshav, I can see the football field, swimming pool and even dirt roads:

http://ymap.co.il/Navigate.aspx?tab=1&CityNmS=%E0%E9%EC%FA&StreetNmS=&HouseNbrS=&Mode=1

(In case anyone got it wrong - this is nothing to do with Meir's work, it's more about frustration with the stupid government we have than anything else).

--Amos

This mail was sent via Kinneret Mail-SeCure System.