My suggestion is to install a caching http proxy (e.g. squid) somewhere on your network, and make yum go through it. As long as you all of your CentOS hosts use the same mirror (and not a different mirror each time), the caching http proxy will return files from its cache.

IIRC, you need to change the yum.conf file to include the proxy configuration option, and modify the repositories definition (in /etc/yum.repos.d/) so that the repositories use the baseurl setting, instead of the mirrorlist setting.

Lior

Tom Rosenfeld wrote:

Hi Guys,
I assume there is a simple answer to this.
How do I get all of my linux workstation (all running the same version of CentOS 4) to use the same yum cache?

Thanks,
-tom
054-244-8025