On Sunday 06 April 2008, Omer Zak wrote:
> If we are at this subject, can anyone, who has experience with using
> GNUCash in Israel, write an HOWTO about configuring GNUCash to meet the
> needs for micro-business accounting in Israel?
>
> Sample questions:
> 1. How to set up things so that VAT will be automatically calculated and
> credited to a VAT account?

I have asked and searched the manuals and FAQs but could not find a way to
conveniently automatically calculate VAT.

However, since it is quite convenient to make calculations for each cell, I do
it manually every time.
I split VAT to "Liabilities:VAT Payments" and "Expenses:VAT".
I use the Liability Account for VAT payments, crediting it when I am liable,
and debit it when I pay to VAT authorities. The manual method also lets me
decide which portion of the VAT I move to "Liabilities:VAT payments" and
which to "Expenses:VAT".

> 2. How to get the accounts notarized (or whatever) by a CPA?

I just would like to know *which* reports should I send to the accountant. I
don't expect him to use Gnucash or accept QIF/whatnot format files.

--y

--
Yuval Hager
[T] +972-77-341-4155