On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Ohad Levy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I also had a similar problem on my iw4695 card. eventually I've found
> myself switching to wicd instead of NetworkManager.

Thanks. I'll have to check which chipset is on this device but would it mean
anything if I tell you that it worked for me right out of the box without
requiring me to request proprietary driver support?

Also - all this time I can see the access points with the command line tools
and in the logs, it's just that the NetworkManager, possibly because of
something weird its front end (nm-applet?) did, stopped configuring things
correctly.

> many times, if you just need to reset it, you can kill the network manager
> process and run it again, (as far as I know, it wont be restarted using the
> init scripts).

I usually hibernate my laptop but I tried also a complete reboot to no
avail. I get exactly the same behaviour.

I already looked around at wicd after hearing recommendations from several
people in the last couple of weeks, I might give it a try.

Thanks,

--Amos