Gilad Ben-Yossef wrote:

Shachar Shemesh wrote:

You can only use /proc/PID/mem if you are already attached to that process as a debugger.
How interesting. Where is that documented?
Google. I spent almost half an hour trying to figure that one out. It is, indeed, not documented anywhere I could find.
neither the proc man page or the relevant kernel documentation file does not mention this.

Don't use no double negatives! Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm going to send a patch...
Go for it.

Shachar