I have been using the Moreshet service since the days of Actcom but in
the past couple of months it has been down very frequently for several hours
meaning I could not use the Internet at all.

I am thinking on setting up something on the computer use by my children.
First I thought setting up a proxy but I'd like to filter everything
including chat
and similar things and then allow services on a case base case.

The latest idea I had was to configure a firewall on my the computer
of my children to and let that filter the services and the sites.

Any idea how to do that (using Ubuntu GNU/Linux). ?

regards
   Gabor