On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson
<g...@mendelson.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 03:17:30PM +0200, Erez D wrote:
>
>  I live in tel aviv, and currently work in herzeliya so it will probably be
>> herzlinux/telux
>>
>> about english, that ok with me, but depends on the audiance.
>> (the presentation will be in english anyway)
>>

> Oh well. :-(
>

>> This is a too-long of title, but it is covered. (along with any other
>> practical/technical issue. again depending on the audiance requests)
>>

> My point, which I did not specificaly say, is that IMHO a lot more
> people are interested in the subject than are interested in Linux. The
> short title, with Linux in it, might reduce the number of attendees.

well, the lecture is both on sat and on linux. I think that people that
dosen't use linux can learn from it as well.
however, regarding using a PC (i.e. htpc), than my only experiance is linux,
as i never used it under the "os that must not be named" ;-)

anyway, this is a linux mailing list ...

>  yeah, i know. there are also FTA (Free To Air) channels, and one can buy
>> legal-subscriptions from parties other than "yes".
>> I'll cover that also.
>>

> I know about FTA, where does one find out about the legal subscriptions?

i'ts more than the subscrition: for example. having a legal "SKY" card is
not enough. you need a big dish to receive the signal in the first place.

> (maybe you can post your slides/notes/video)

I'll probably do that, but not all the info is in the presentation. some
will be answers to questions ...

erez.