Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 11:23:37 +0200
From: Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobg...@gmail.com>
To: Jonathan Ben Avraham <y...@tkos.co.il>
Cc: Baruch Siach <bar...@tkos.co.il>, linux-il. <linux-il@cs.huji.ac.il>
Subject: Re: RLM mark in standard Hebrew keyboard layout

After all these years SI1452 still amazes me. Who would want to replace the
Shift Numeral keys with nikud? In order to write "SHALOM!" (assuming that
capital characters are hebrew) you would then need to press [Language
shift][Shift][1][Language Shift] to get the final exclamation mark. Does
anyone know anyone who is actually doing this?

That's why I suggested the alternative at

http://imagic.weizmann.ac.il/~dov/Hebrew/pango-hebrew.html

The idea is that it makes more sense to press the [Language shift] key
before typing latin characters than punctuation characters.

Regards,
Dov