Hello folks!

I'm trying to use a Linux box as a packet traffic generator. It has two
NICs configured with fixed IP addresses, 192.168.2.100/101. For testing
purposes, I connected the two NICs to each other with a crossed network
cable (hardware loopback). For what it's worth, they can both be pinged
from the host and the ifconfig output looks fine.

Later, the crossed cable will be replaced by a radio link (which relates
to the purpose of all this).

To carry out the packet generation, I downloaded and built the iperf
program (http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=808751).

I'd like to sent stuff from .100 to .101 using the client and server
instances of iperf in two console sessions and (later) monitor what's
happening with tcpdump from a third session.

For various reasons, it's not working. (I have successfully done it
using two machines on either side of the radio link, which is  the
"standard" method.)

Has anyone on the list done this (using iperf or something similar)
using a single box with two NICs?

Regards,

Daniel

P.S. I'll supply further background material if there is interest in
this subject.

begin:vcard
fn:Daniel Feiglin
n:Feiglin;Daniel
adr:;;POB 36;Shavei Shomron;Doar Na;44858;ISRAEL
email;internet:dilog...@inter.net.il
tel;work:972 9 8616204
tel;fax:972 9 8621052
tel;pager:Skype user ID: baba_danny