Oleg Goldshmidt wrote:

Let me first make a disclaimer that I have not tried it myself in this
configuration, but here is what *might* point you towards a
solution. It may also turn out a dead end, mind you.
I'm sorry, my money is on the later.

http://www.clintoneast.com/articles/multihomed.php
http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html
http://linux-ip.net/html/adv-multi-internet.html
http://kindlund.wordpress.com/2007/11/19/configuring-multiple-default-routes-in-linux/

None of those links say anything about causing a packets destined for a LOCAL ip to actually go out. I'd love to be proven wrong as, as I've said, I need a similar thing myself.
Once again, I am not saying it is a solution for you problem, just
something that might help you work it out, if it is at all possible.

It is, indeed, worth a try.
The most immediate solution is to run a virtual machine, and give it
exclusive access to one of the NICs. This way you can configure, for
example, the 100 address in the real machine and the 101 address in
the virtual one.

But this does not necessarily mean packets will go out of the machine
- hypervisors include local (in-box) switching nowadays.

Switching is fine, as long as they are only layer 2 aware. So long as you actually have two actual physical network cards, there is no reason for the packet not to go out. A layer 3 switch might notice the short path, but a layer 2 switch should work fine.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.