On Jun 2, 2009, at 7:59 AM, Leonid Podolny wrote:

Does anyone has an experience servicing laptops purchased in US in
Israel (probably by ישפאר)?

I considered it a year and a half ago, so I just called the Israel
representatives of all laptop manufacturers I could think of. Sony
were the only ones that plainly said that I will not get any warranty
service. Most of the others claimed that they will fully respect the
warranty.
This could already have changed, so you should just call them (or
others, if you decide to get other brand).

iDigital, the people that sell Apple laptops here will refuse to fix them under warranty, even if you take them to the same place the send them to before selling them. Since iDigital is just a representative not part of Apple, you may get service if you take it anywhere else, but it would have to be out of Israel.

Geoff.

--
geoffrey mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Jerusalem Israel geoffreymendel...@gmail.com