On Tuesday August 11 2009, geoffrey mendelson wrote:
> On Aug 11, 2009, at 8:20 PM, shlomo solomon wrote:
> > I´m getting disk full messages on /var. According to df, the /
> > partition
> > (/dev/sda1) is full, but du shows about 90% free space. Kdirstat
> > also shows
> > 90% free. I tried booting from a live CD and the partition is only
> > about 10%
> > full.
> >
> > Any ideas what´s going on here and how to fix it?
>
> out of inodes? df -i?
>
> Geoff.

For some strange reason, df -i doesn´t give any useful info.

[solo...@shlomo1 ~]$ df -i
Filesystem            Inodes   IUsed   IFree IUse% Mounted on
/dev/sda1                  0       0       0    -  /
/dev/sda6                  0       0       0    -  /boot
/dev/sda11                 0       0       0    -  /data1
/dev/sda12                 0       0       0    -  /data2
<< snip snip >>

But I doubt that´s the problem, because, as I wrote, when I boot from a live
CD, the partition is almost empty. And, in any case, the partition only has
/bin, /etc, /lib, /opt, /var, and other standard things. So I don´t see any
reason to run out of inodes.

--
Shlomo Solomon
http://the-solomons.net