Jonathan Ben Avraham wrote:
My dearest fellow list members,
Can someone explain to me what the i4i-MS tiff is about? Do i4i's patent claims regarding their XML technology affect other uses of XML besides MS Office? That is, on this issue should we be backing MS?
I have not gone into the details of the controversy, but the heading seems outrageous. i4i claims that MS's using XML to describe documents violates its patents.

Unless we are talking some soooper eelite technology, this seems like a junk patent, in which case, yes, we should be backing MS (for all the good that will do them).

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.