geoffrey mendelson wrote:

On Aug 13, 2009, at 12:31 PM, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

And yet, we cannot seem to draft Microsoft to the anti-software patents camp. Despite the fact that their loses to silly patents over the years far outweight their gains from them.

Amazing

With all due respect what amazes me is that you believe that. Can you offer any objective proof?
Where has Microsoft's junk patents given them any money? Unless they are using extortion (possible) to quietly threaten potential FOSS defecties away, that is. They are not selling those, and they have never sued anyone (well, one). It also seems that not many are taking their threats too seriously - we did not exactly see the FOSS world grind to a halt, after all.

If they are not making much money off their silly patents, and they are losing, then their loses outweight their gains.

> totally irrelevant stuff deleted.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh