Gilad Ben-Yossef wrote:

Shachar Shemesh wrote:

I am much more worried about Android's lack of friendliness to third party applications (unless they come through the Market) than I am about the fact it is running a non-standard environment.
What do you mean by "Android's lack of friendliness to third party applications (unless they come through the Market)"?
I mean that anyone can develop for the android, but if you actually want to install something on the actual phone, you are up to the mercy of whoever sold it to you (unless you root it, of course, in which case even the iPhone is open).

I am not sure what is required to be able to do "adb install" from a PC, but it certainly requires that adb be running, possibly also requires root. Without that, if it's not in the Market (approved by Google, pending a yearly fee), it doesn't exist.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.