Elazar Leibovich wrote:

IIRC the problem was using a different library, and tracing which problems are yours and which are of the library. See for instance this rant http://www.mega-nerd.com/erikd/Blog/CodeHacking/house_of_cards.html I haven't really got into this, so maybe the suprresion files does allow you to quickly fix it.
The way I see it, a problem in a library you use is still a problem in your product. This is not really a false positive.

It's more complex than that. The code currently work on the embedded device. This is a mission critical device, so we cannot make changes to the runtime code without testing it throughly first. I try therefor to fix the problem in the emulation level without touching the actual code. (for instance, overriding a certain problematic function which used an uninitialized variable, and got away with it in the embedded device, but not in the desktop, or, replace the macro which stores a specific memory address (hex number) which is used by a the code, and is obviously relevant only for the embedded device)
I'll repeat it again, and then stop, as I don't want it to become a war.

The fact it is mission critical is another reason to fix all warnings, not a reason to ignore them.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.