2010/3/4 Erez D <erez0...@gmail.com>:

> i have two displays i want one to be a copy of the other, so when i move a
> window on one display, i want it to move to the same position in the other.

DIsclaimer: I don't know Xlib programming well enough to go into technicalities.

>From the common sense point of view, however, I cannot immediately see
how this requirement can be satisfied unless the two screens are
identical (at least as far as geometry+resolution are concerned) and X
and WM are configured to be exactly the same.

If they are the same, where do the different WMs - which seems to be
your major sticking point - come into the picture?

If you want to allow different WMs on the two screens I doubt it can
work the way I understand your requirements - Nadav explained why very
well.

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | p...@goldshmidt.org