I guess we'll stay divided, but still, for the sake of the completion I want
to clarify my argument.
My point is, that some security decisions (for example, the "Tuesday patch"
you mentioned), even if they are very wrong (and obviously, MS security guys
would beg to differ) doesn't play a very big role in the overall security of
your products.
However good software engineering practices plays a big role, and MS is
doing that big time, and putting a lot of resources for secure software
development. So the question whether or not the Tuesday Patch is a good
idea, and whether or not full disclosure is a good idea matters much less
than the question whether or not they have security expert evaluating the
security of each and every software signed by MS.
About the complexity of Windows and backwards compatibility, it is indeed an
issue which any company which develops for Windows need to handle with. I
really don't see how is it related. Keep in mind that MS is making much more
software than just the windows OS.