On Wednesday 12 May 2010 23:27:41 Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> On יום רביעי 12 מאי 2010 21:40:30 Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > Anyway, I believe that the problem in Debian would have been exhibited
> > even if I wanted to install exim in addition to postfix, or sendmail in
> > addition to postfix etc. because they all supplied a /usr/sbin/sendmail
> > file which was not a symlink.
>
> RTFM - "man update-alternatives". It has been explained in this thread.
> Please stop the FUD.

Just to protect myself against accusations of spreading "FUD": I wasn't
referring to what Debian has presently (which may be very different from what
existed back then) - I was referring to its past condition. I don't know what
the present condition is in regards to having multiple E-mail servers
installed at the same time, but back when I tried "apt-get install postfix"
asked me if I wanted to remove qmail. This may no longer be the case, and I'm
sorry if I hadn't made myself clear enough.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish