On Fri, 23 Jul 2010, sammy ominsky wrote:

Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:31:30 +0300
From: sammy ominsky <s...@avoidant.org>
To: linux-il Linux <linux-il@cs.huji.ac.il>
Subject: Re: question about customers "management" webapp

On 23/07/2010, at 08:36, Jonathan Ben Avraham wrote:

I would have second thoughts about hiring an IT consultant who needs a CRM
system to manage 10-20 customers ;-)

And what if he just wants it? A CRM can be used for any size organization, and is certainly easier to maintain than that list of unconnected resources you listed.

Yes and no.

Yes, he just wants it, because most geeks want to solve problems by installing and learning about software without regard to whether the technology is appropriate for the application or the customer.

No, because the overhead of installation, configuration, learning curve and maintenance of the CRM is not only much higher that maintaining a few files, but it usually doesn't eliminate the need for those files.

The way most of us get around the CRM overhead is by *ignoring* the overhead. We do it in our "spare" time because it is a hobby for us. If you had to pay someone else to do the work you wouldn't bother with it.

Regards,

 - yba

--sambo

 EE 77 7F 30 4A 64 2E C5  83 5F E7 49 A6 82 29 BA    ~. .~   Tk Open Systems
     - y...@tkos.co.il - tel: +972.2.679.5364, http://www.tkos.co.il -