Quoting Hetz Ben Hamo, from the post of Sun, 03 Apr:
> Umm, last time I checked, resize2fs (which now supports ext4, at least in
> Fedora) can resize to use all available space if you don't give it any

Maybe I should have been more verbose - I know how to resize the FS,
it's a no brainer. the problem is resizing the partition to the max
without having to find the media size, or at the very least figuring out
what is the maximum size it's alowed to be set to.

I can get the info in sectors with fdisk -lu, then I could get, process
and write back the partition table with sfdisk, but it is hard to get
the right number of sections for the partitions. for instance, I have
here a CF card of 1GB, it has 2001888 sectors, but if I use fdisk to
create a partition with the default maximum size it ends at 2001855 - so
is it a problem if I set the partition end to the end of the disk or how
do I find out the number of sectors to leave out if it needs to land on
the mysterious and anacronistic "cylinder boundery"?

--
The doctor is |IN|
Ira Abramov