On Aug 28, 2011, at 10:24 PM, Dan Shimshoni wrote:

"Easy installation and compatible with Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP
Version 2.0 compatible with Mac 10.3/10.4".

I just want to note that it also says that the current version is 3. Mac OS 10.3 was replaced by 10.4 around 5 years ago (the first Intel Macs where 10.4 and they came out in 2006) and MacOS is now at 10.7. Does that mean that Macs don't work anymore?

It's really just a simple device, a set of USB port converters, a USB hub and a VGA passthru (interconnected VGA male and female connectors).

It does not say anything about Linux.

Since they don't say what chips are in the port convertors, you really can't make an educated guess. It's likely they are, but then it is also possible they are not. Or one port will not work.

Since no one uses VGA anymore, except for netbooks, do you really need the passthrough? If your laptop has a DVI or HDMI connector, you probably won't use the VGA connector.

Do you have any serial or parallel devices? Does your laptop not have an ethernet port? No Wifi?

Do you need a  PS/2 keyboard and mouse? Everyone I know uses USB.

You might be better of with just a high quality self powered USB hub. Kensington makes a nice 7 port one, and BUG sells them for under 200 NIS.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM