On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 11:39 PM, Jonathan Ben Avraham <y...@tkos.co.il>wrote:

> This is not true in general under Israeli law, as I have found out myself
> from unfortunate personal experience. See http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%**
> D7%90%D7%99_%D7%9E%D7%A0%D7%**99%D7%A2%D7%AA_%D7%A4%D7%A9%**D7%A2<http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%90%D7%99_%D7%9E%D7%A0%D7%99%D7%A2%D7%AA_%D7%A4%D7%A9%D7%A2>

This law is about telling the authorities about a CRIME THAT IS GOING TO
HAPPEN, that you know about, so that the authorities can stop the criminal
PRIOR to the act of crime.

Unless you claim the ISP KNOWS that a DDoS will happen (in the future) to
the customer (they can't possibly know. like I've already said - chances of
catching the source behind a DDoS are almost nil) - I personally find it
difficult to understand why you think this law is relevant on our case...

Also, not even sure that this is called a crime that happens within the
borders of Israel. After all, the attacker, and his 'associate' computers,
are all (for the lack of better knowledge) outside the borders of Israel
when this happens. Again, the Israeli police (or Government) has no
jurisdiction over the whole Internet...

I think it is time for me to quote from the Serenity Prayer:

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The
courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference."

Of course, I wish your friend luck if he opts to pursue this anyways, with
the hope for: a) any sort of success, and b) that he won't waste so much
time/money on his attempts...

Good luck!

-- Shimi