On 09/01/14 12:31, Vassilii Khachaturov wrote:
> 5) isn't illegal to have in Israel because of its wireless
> capabilities (in fact, I'd like to be able to disable any wireless
> technology and not to use it anyway).
I never could figure that one out.

A router/access point needs to be told what country it's in, so it knows
to not allow you to use frequencies that are illegal where you are. I
could not figure out, however, why a non-access point device would need
to know what frequencies are allowed. It will not connect on frequencies
where an access point isn't listening, so why bother?

Shachar