On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 11:50 AM Gabor Szabo <ga...@szabgab.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply, at least I don't feel totally alone in this!
>
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 11:42 AM Shachar Shemesh <shac...@shemesh.biz>
> wrote:
>

>> Some SATA/NVME devices have dual modes, settable in the BIOS. They might,
>> e.g., have a RAID mode etc. Some of those modes are not supported by Linux.
>> Resetting that in the BIOS should make at least your bootable DoK see the
>> disk again.
>>

>> I saw that in the BIOS, I'll try that.

I changed the disk from RAID to AHCI in the BIOS and booted from USB and
now lsblk shows the harddisk.

sda           8:0    1  14.3G  0 disk /cdrom
    sda1        8:1    1   1.9G  0 part
    sda2        8:2    1   2.4M  0 part
nvme0n1     259:0    0   477G  0 disk
    nvme0n1p1 259:1    0   499M  0 part
    nvme0n1p2 259:2    0   100M  0 part
    nvme0n1p3 259:3    0    16M  0 part
    nvme0n1p4 259:4    0 332.2G  0 part
    nvme0n1p5 259:5    0   572M  0 part

based on this and after consulting my notes I can see that apparently I did
not install Linux here, only allocated disk space in case I will want to
install it as well.
I can also see that this was done in December 2018, not that it matters a
lot now.

So now at least I can access the hard disk. That's a relief.

Gabor