On Thu, 14 May 2020 10:24:53 +0300
Shlomi Fish <shlo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Tzafrir and all!
>
> On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 11:05 AM Tzafrir Cohen <tzaf...@cohens.org.il>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 13/05/2020 6:17, Steve Litt wrote:

> > > Just in case somebody here doesn't know what we're talking about,
> > > the message originally posted on the official Linux Mint blog
> > > included the phrase "I don’t want any money or help coming from
> > > Israel or people who support the action of their current
> > > government."
> >
> > As of 2012, an Israeli company is listed (with an Israeli flag) in
> > Linux Mint's partners page:
> > https://www.linuxmint.com/partners.php
> >
> > I'd say: what was was was was.
> >

> I just would like to say that I agree with you here. From my
> experience, life is too short to hold such grudges and keep finding
> flies in ointments.

That's perfectly reasonable, although I'll personally never use or
recommend Mint again.

Here's the thing though: Somebody asks about about a pre-loaded
computer, and another guy says, to roll your own with Mint. There are
zillions of "we do it all for you", hardware ultrarecognition, easy to
install distros. So which did the person recommend *on an Israeli LUG
mail list*? Mint.

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2020 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist