For best control you should go with the option of splitting the ISP router
to only act as modem, and have a FW like PFsense/OpenSense for the rest
(FW,DHCP 4/6, DNS, .... ).
and have several wireless APs spread across the house, which act only as AP
base stations. It's a bit more expensive, but it will give you the peace of
mind you are looking for.

--
Rabin