On Wed, 2022-05-18 at 18:59 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: Dan Yasny <dya...@gmail.com>
> > Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 11:38:36 -0400
> >
> >  Is he the same RMS who boycotted Israeli universities at 2011
> > happily
> >  surrendering to demands of Palestinians - without even making a
> > token
> >  effort to ask if Israelis are willing to take over his trip's
> > finances
> >  so that Palestinians won't have to pay for his non-boycotting trip
> >  Israel and Palestine?
> >
> >  If yes, I urge the TAU and HUJI people not to help him.
> >
> > +1 there should be no room for hypocrisy.
>
> Such a harsh judgment, based on pure hearsay, without even hearing
> the
> "guilty" side's story, and of a person whom you most probably never
> met...

I personally corresponded with RMS by E-mail at 2011 concerning his
decision to boycott Israeli universities.
I believe that several Linux-IL members (not me) had the opportunity to
meet him in person in a previous visit to Israel.

Boycotting a boycotter is a just judgment, not an overly harsh
judgment. If he has not been willing to communicate with us and argue
with us, we have no reason to listen to him later.

(If he repents and persuades his Palestinian colleagues to repent, too,
it would be a different matter. Then we'll have to verify that the
remorse is genuine.)

--
Your liberty to swing your fist ends just where my nose begins.
Your freedom of expression ends where my freedom of expression begins.

They do not represent the official policy of any organization with
which I may be affiliated in any way.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at https://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html