>You can check out for configuration details on winmodem. Try hunting at
>www.google.com
>Individually you can also try various options under /dev folder or
>/dev/tty*.
>Dlink modems are highly configurable through Linux, whether internal or
>external.

That's a highly sweeping statement.
In fact dlink is changing the chipset (conexant, Motorola etc ) every months
(which ever is cheaper. And due to this dlink internal modem are highly
unconfigurable.

- This may be true. However, i'm using Dlink external modem with conexant
chipset. These types have shown a greater success rate in getting configured
on many PCs. I understand scenarios are different in case of internal modem,
hence I take back the generalised statement.

---