> +struct nvmm_type *nvm_init_mgr(struct nvm_dev *dev)
+{
+       struct nvmm_type *mt;
+       int ret;
+
+       lockdep_assert_held(&nvm_lock);
+
+       list_for_each_entry(mt, &nvm_mgrs, list) {
+               ret = mt->register_mgr(dev);
+               if (ret < 0) {
+                       pr_err("nvm: media mgr failed to init (%d) on dev %s\n",
+                                                               ret, dev->name);
+                       return NULL; /* initialization failed */

Do we just return or continue to try next media manager ?  In my commit

commit d0a712ceb83ebaea32d520825ee7b997f59b168f