On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 15:45:56 -0400
Kees Cook <keesc...@chromium.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 7:40 PM, Emese Revfy <re.em...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > If a function is called by __init and __exit functions as well then
> > the plugin moves it to the __exit section. This causes false positive
> > section mismatch errors/warnings that I don't know how to handle yet.
>
> Should the mismatch checker be updated to recognize this case? Without
> the plugin, I assume these kinds of functions would only ever be
> marked for __exit? If so, should the plugin strip the __init marking
> and only add __exit?

I don't modify the existing attributes. I just add a new __init/__exit when
a function hasn't a section attribute yet.
There are three cases:
 * when the function is called only by __init functions then the plugin adds
   the __init attribute
 * when the function is called only by __exit functions then the plugin adds
   the __exit attribute
 * when the function is called by __init and __exit functions too then the
   plugin adds the __exit attribute.
The last case causes the false positive(?) message of the section mismatch.

--
Emese