[Re: [ANNOUNCE] 4.8-rc5-rt1 beta] On 08/09/2016 (Thu 07:47) Mike Galbraith
wrote:

> On Tue, 2016-09-06 at 14:25 -0400, Paul Gortmaker wrote:
>
> >   Patch conflicts/issues of interest 4.6 --> 4.7
> >   ----------------------------------------------
> >
> > -v4.7 introduced a lot of users of down_write_killable which wasn't
> >  implemented for -rt (rwsem_rt.h), so I created one.  (see new patch
> >  rt-create-down_write_killable.patch -- local commit 14625e96ff085f),
> >  it probably warrants a look see from other people smarter than me.
>
> You forgot nested, so btrfs won't build.  I posted a patchlet here that
> includes it.

I didn't see the patchlet, so I just did my own:  https://goo.gl/MNiUy7
Let me know if anything looks wrong with it.

I also integrated the latest changes from Sebastian from the 4.6 branch
for this 4.8 repo; build tested btrfs and sanity boot tested the series
against 4.8-rc6 and pushed the changes out:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/paulg/4.8-rt-patches

Everything else is unchanged (incl. the NFS borkage below.)

Paul.