On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 6:33 PM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt
<b...@kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-09-21 at 11:32 +0930, Joel Stanley wrote:
>> I had a look at the eval board schematic and it appears that the line
>> has pull down resistors on it, explaining why the IRQ fires when it's
>> configured to active low. Other machines re-use the pin pin as a GPIO.
>> So yes, I will change this to a dt property in v2. That will mean
>> dropping 4/7 "net/faraday: Avoid PHYSTS_CHG interrupt" as well.
>
> What line is it out of the PHY ? The PHY IRQ ? If yes then it's meant
> to be telling you to go look at the PHY registers for a link status
> change, but only works if the PHY has also been configured
> appropriately...

Yep, PHY IRQ.

> Mostly we ignore those things in Linux and just poll the PHY.

That's simpler. It's what we're doing on Aspeed systems when using NSCI already.

The driver is already polling the PHY, I propose we mask out this
interrupt for all systems. I gave that a run on my ast2500evb and it
behaved itself.

Cheers,

Joe