> If not, I suggest to use --hierarchy mode with including the sort key
> as the first one.  In this case.  It'll still show absolute
> percentages of global total period, but you can see the desired result
> easily IMHO.  Please try something like this:
>
>   $ perf report --hierarchy -s pid,cpu

It would be nice if there was a way from scripts with a command line option
to ask hierarchy mode to only show a subset of the tree (e.g. with some
kind of pattern)

Then options like --pid could be obsoleted, but it would be far more
flexible and scale for all the sort keys which are supported, without
adding a lot of new command line options.

-Andi