On Thursday, October 13, 2016 02:48:28 PM Luc, Piotr wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-10-12 at 21:39 +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> > On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 08:25:50 PM Piotr Luc wrote:
> > >
> > > ---
> > > Depends-on: x86/cpu/intel: Add Knights Mill to Intel family
> > > https://lkml.kernel.org/r/20161012180520.30976-1-piotr.luc () intel
> > > ! com
> >
> > First, putting broken URLs into patch tags doesn't really help.
>
> OK, with a series the link is not needed. I will refer to a patch
> inside the series.
>

> > Second, please send all of these patches as a series where the first
> > patch makes the change the rest depends on.  That would make them
> > easier to
> > handle.
> >
> I see. I just wonder if I should send the entire series to all
> maintainers that maintain individual modules/files or somehow limit
> 'TO' recipients only to their modules.
> Is any good method to it correctly?

The To: list should be possibly short.  I would just send it To: x...@kernel.org
and put the other addresses into the CC list.

Generally speaking, CCs of the entire series should go to all of the relevant
maintainers (so they have a chance to respond to your patches in the context of
the series) though.

Thanks,
Rafael