On 2016-11-30 23:25, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 1:48:20 PM CET Peter Rosin wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> changes v2 -> v3
>> - document the new compatible strings prefixed with "axentia,".
>>
>> changes v1 -> v2
>> - squash the fixup into the correct patch, sorry for the noise.
>>
>> After finally having all essintial drivers upstreamed (the
>> last ones are currently in -next) I would like to have the
>> dts and the defconfig also upstreamed.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Peter
>>
>> Peter Rosin (2):
>>   ARM: dts: add devicetree for the Axentia TSE-850
>>   ARM: tse850_defconfig: add Axentia TSE-850
>>
>>  Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/axentia.txt |  19 ++
>>  MAINTAINERS                                       |   8 +
>>  arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile                        |   1 +
>>  arch/arm/boot/dts/axentia-linea.dtsi              |  53 +++++
>>  arch/arm/boot/dts/axentia-tse850-3.dts            | 276
>> ++++++++++++++++++++++
>>  arch/arm/configs/tse850_defconfig                 | 223 +++++++++++++++++
>>  6 files changed, 580 insertions(+)
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> I'm a bit confused. Are these just boards using the sama5d31 SoC,
> or something else?

No no, it's just what it seems, a cpu module with a sama5d31 and a
board using it (a couple more boards using the cpu module coming
later). I just didn't know about the naming conventions.

> Normally, dts files are picked up by the SoC platform maintainers
> and named with a prefix for that soc.

I was starting to wonder about the deafening silence, now I know
the reason...

> Also, we don't normally add a defconfig file for a specific
> machine, just add the options you want to sama5_defconfig
> and multi_v7_defconfig, and send all patches to the
> at91 maitainers.

I'll make some changes, thank you very much for the pointers!

Cheers,
Peter