On Wednesday 07 March 2007, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Mws wrote:
> >
> > if you would be so kind to provide me some infos,
> >
> > how i would be able to track the problem down _and_ maybe how to fix it.
>
> The first step is to figure out as exactly as possible _when_ it started
> happening.
>
> > please find two snippets of dmesg after booting 2.6.21-rc3-git
> > (2.6.20-1 has got the same results)
>
> So is 2.6.19 good? 2.6.20-rc1? -rc2?

went down to 2.6.17 - earlier is lacking due to correctly booting my machine.

> If you're a git user (or even just marginally interested in learning), the
> best thing to do is to find some good kernel (the more recent, the better,
> but the keyword is *some* kernel that works well), and a bad kernel (the
> older the better, just to avoid unnecessary work, but again, you can just
> take the most recent too), and then just use "git bisect".
>
> If you bisect it down to one particular commit, that will help us a lot,
> but even if you only bisect it down by booting a handful of kernels (say,
> 5-6), it will already have cut things down a lot, and probably more easily
> and efficiently than if you just downloaded daily snapshots and tried to
> narrow it down that way.
>
>               Linus
i started to bring in a load of printk's into v4l dvb repository to find out
what exactly
is causing the interrupt to appear and why it is not handled.

the bug is reproducible by insmod/rmmod dvb_ttpci over and over.
yesterday late night i tried a bit too much and my machine freezed as a whole.

even kernel sysrq didn't work anymore.

i found some point, that after fireware load the interrupt is fired again.

will check if there is a solution to create a workaround and try to fix it
afterwards.

it does NOT appear on a different computer same card. i think it is a problem
in combination chipset - card - bios.... dunno by now, but will find out.

thanks for your information, linus.

marcel