On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 9:55 AM, Oleg Nesterov <o...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Once again, it is only used in arch/x86/kernel/signal.c by do_signal() and
> handle_signal(). We do not care if mmap() returns a valid pointer with the
> high bit set, regs-ax can't be confused with -ERESTART code.

Immaterial. If the function is called "get_error()", it sure as hell
shouldn't return a random non-error value.

Code should make sense, otherwise it's not going to be maintainable.
Naming matters. If the code doesn't match the name of the function,
that's a bug regardless of whether it has semantic effects or not in
the end - because somebody will eventually depend on the _expected_
semantics.

              Linus