> Am 17.07.2017 um 00:08 schrieb Mauro Carvalho Chehab
> <mche...@s-opensource.com>:
>
> [1] There's an unrelated bug with the Kernel's sphinx extension
> kimage: when parsing GraphViz graphs, it uses "-Tpdf" argument,
> in order to generate a PDF image. That doesn't work on some
> distros, as GraphViz doesn't support PDF images.

Hmm .. http://www.graphviz.org/content/output-formats#dpdf

Is it a problem of the GraphViz version?

See http://www.graphviz.org/News.php ..

  """New Release 2.32 (1 August 2013)

     ... In addition, if the poppler library is available, Graphviz
     can now use PDF files as images."""

I suppose that 2.32 is in your distro .. it's from 2013

It seems, that the graphiz homepage is not up to date. I found
the repo at github. There is a issue about PDF

  https://github.com/ellson/graphviz/issues/1180

So I guess graphviz is compiled without HAVE_PANGOCAIRO in your
distros?

-- Markus --