On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 11:17 AM,  <s.abhi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> + - #gpio-cells : Should be two.  The first cell is the pin number and the
> +  second cell is used to specify the gpio polarity:
> +        0 = Active high
> +        1 = Active low

Just reference the standard bindings?

> +- ti,lmp92001-gpio-dir: bit mask for direction and drive logic default. Since
> +  the direction and the internal pull-down are shared register and similar to
> +  open-collector drive:
> +        0 = [O]utput and also meaning drive it to low
> +        1 = [I]nput and also meaning open, to drive it to high is required to
> +        have an external resistor

NACK this is totally wrong.

When using GPIO descriptors, consumers specify open drain/collector, not
producers. The same applies to this: the consumers should specify it not
the producer.

You need to either add a pin control interface/driver or extend the GPIO
bindings for consumers to do this, I thin pin control is the right thing here.
It's gonna be complicated but much better.

Yours,
Linus Walleij