From: "Edward A. James" <eaja...@us.ibm.com>
This series adds some functionality to the pmbus core.
The first two patches provide support for the STATUS_WORD register. This allows
more default alarm attributes to be used, as the upper byte of the status
register is available. The third patch then uses the STATUS_INPUT bit of the
status register to setup boolean attributes for input voltage and input power
The fourth patch provides support for raw reads of pmbus status registers
through the debugfs interface. These can be very useful for hardware
diagnostics, especially on multi-page pmbus devices, as user-space access of
the i2c space could corrupt the pmbus page accounting.
* Pull all debugfs stuff into pmbus_core.c to prevent problems when running
* Better boolean attr conditional.
* Don't cache additional attributes, and display uncached registers for
* #ifdef around debugfs stuff.
Since RFC series:
* Just use u16 instead of complicated u8 method for STATUS_WORD.
* Re-ordered the changes.
* Added conditional for creating bool attr for higher byte STATUS_WORD bits.
Edward A. James (4):
hwmon: (pmbus): Switch status registers to 16 bit
hwmon: (pmbus): Access word data for STATUS_WORD
hwmon: (pmbus): Add generic alarm bit for iin and pin
hwmon: (pmbus): Add debugfs for status registers
drivers/hwmon/pmbus/pmbus.h | 6 +
drivers/hwmon/pmbus/pmbus_core.c | 279 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
2 files changed, 263 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-)