On Fri, 11 Aug 2017, Josh Poimboeuf wrote:

> > +   read_lock(&tasklist_lock);
> > +   for_each_process_thread(g, task) {
> > +           if (!klp_patch_pending(task))
> > +                   continue;
> > +
> > +           /*
> > +            * There is a small race here. We could see TIF_PATCH_PENDING
> > +            * set and decide to wake up a kthread or send a fake signal.
> > +            * Meanwhile the task could migrate itself and the action
> > +            * would be meaningless. It is not serious though.
> > +            */
> > +           if (task->flags & PF_KTHREAD) {
> > +                   /*
> > +                    * Wake up a kthread which still has not been migrated.
> > +                    */
> > +                   wake_up_process(task);
> > +           } else {
> > +                   /*
> > +                    * Send fake signal to all non-kthread tasks which are
> > +                    * still not migrated.
> > +                    */
> > +                   spin_lock_irq(&task->sighand->siglock);
> > +                   signal_wake_up(task, 0);
> > +                   spin_unlock_irq(&task->sighand->siglock);
> > +           }
> > +   }
> > +   read_unlock(&tasklist_lock);
>
> I can't remember if we talked about this before, is it possible to also
> signal/wake the idle tasks?

Scheduler won't select idle task in case there is *anything* else runnable
in any other sched class anyway. And if that is the case, there is no need
for explicit wakeup, as idle task would get scheduled anyway implicitly.

So idle task is a little bit more difficult than that, unfortunately.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs