On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 08:19:52AM +0200, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 01:49:26PM +0800, Jeffy Chen wrote:
> > There are cases we call device_del() without detaching it from the
> > driver(e.g. spi core del children devices).

> Why would you do that?  Shouldn't that be fixed instead of this odd
> work-around for a broken bus?

Not that I ever looked at that bit of the SPI stack before but this
feels like an interface bug in the driver core, it's really surprising
that unregistering a device doesn't clean it up.  That's what other
unregister interfaces do.  If this is buggy it looks like the platform
bus will also be buggy, it's just doing a del and a put (plus some stuff
to free resources) which is all device_unregster() does.