On 03/08/2018 01:34 PM, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 03:34:24PM -0500, Waiman Long wrote:
>>   % cat msgmni_range
>>   [0, 32768]
> All that sounds promising but I think you are jumping a few
> steps ahead of what needs to get done. Let's first sort out the
> first series well.
>
>   Luis

Yes, you are right. I will focus on the getting the first series right
first, before considering that.

In fact, I have a slight change of mind on how to do it. Instead of
adding a new _range parameter to show just the range of a particular
sysctl parameter, I am thinking of a generic sysctl_ranges parameter
that iterates all the ctl_table entries and list out the ranges of all
the parameters that are flagged to have a min/max range. That will
eliminate the interface clutter due to a bunch of new *_range /proc/sys
files.

-Longman