On Thu, 08 Mar 2018 13:03:03 PST (-0800), parri.and...@gmail.com wrote:
On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 10:33:49AM -0800, Palmer Dabbelt wrote:

[...]

I'm going to go produce a new set of spinlocks, I think it'll be a bit more
coherent then.

I'm keeping your other patch in my queue for now, it generally looks good
but I haven't looked closely yet.

Patches 1 and 2 address a same issue ("release-to-acquire"); this is also
expressed, more or less explicitly, in the corresponding commit messages:
it might make sense to "queue" them together, and to build the new locks
on top of these (even if this meant "rewrite all of/a large portion of
spinlock.h"...).

I agree. IIRC you had a fixup to the first pair of patches, can you submit a v2?