On Fri, 2018-04-06 at 15:17 +0200, Rasmus Villemoes wrote:
> On 2018-04-06 13:43, Petr Mladek wrote:

> > > Nope, you are right, both are defectively used in the
> > > kernel via string concatenation.
> >
> > Ah, I see.
>
> Yes, that was the point of that particular grep pattern with context. I
> sent patches three years ago and several pings, but despite an email
> telling me it would be picked up "for the next release" nothing has
> happened, so I've just been waiting for someone to implement a %po.
>
> > Otherwise, the changes make perfect sense. Are you going to send
> > them as proper patches, please?
>
> Good luck. Unless Petr will be taking them through the printk tree?

As the trivial maintainer seems to use a leaky bucket algorithm
for most trivial patches, I'll just retry and send actual
patches through Andrew Morton as patches through his quilt tree
seem to get upstream faster.

And thanks Petr for noticing the missing __func__, I was just
mindlessly editing those two files as a placeholder for where
the missing spaces in the %p concatenations exist.