* Dominik Brodowski <li...@dominikbrodowski.net> wrote:

> > New suggested naming:
> >
> > 810f08d0 t     kernel_waitid        # common C function (see kernel/exit.c)
> >
> > <inline>     __do_sys_waitid        # inlined helper doing the actual work
> >                             # (takes original parameters as declared)
> >
> > 810f1aa0 T   __se_sys_waitid        # sign-extending C function calling
> > inlined
> >                             # helper (takes parameters of type long;
> >                             # casts them to the declared type)
> >
> > 810f1aa0 T        sys_waitid        # alias to __se_sys_waitid() (but taking
> >                             # original parameters as declared), to be
> >                             # included in syscall table
> >
> > Agreed?
>
> Yes.

Ok, great. Since these re-renames look complex enough, mind re-sending the
series
with these changes incorporated and the 4/3 patch incorporated as well (and the
image shrinking script left out)?

The base patches are looking good here so I plan sending these to Linus
tomorrow-ish. (The renames don't affect functionality so they don't need
as much testing.)

Thanks,

        Ingo