On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 12:24:26AM +0200, Aaro Koskinen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 03:12:36PM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> > >
> > > A solution to that would be to do what the warning message says, and
> > > update the driver to the DMAengine API.
>
> Fully agreed, but I was busy debugging other more serious issues, and
> just wanted to get a reliable ssh or USB serial access to the device
> without any extra noise, so switching to PIO using a module parameter
> is probably what most users do in such situations.
>
> > Here's a partial conversion (not even build tested) - it only supports
> > OUT transfers with dmaengine at the moment.
>
> Thanks, I'll take a closer look and try to do some testing hopefully
> during the weekend.

The patch was more for Peter to take a peek at - there's definitely
some bits missing in the dmaengine driver (like the write to the
LCH_CTRL register) that would need to be fixed somehow.

However, it's worth noting that there is exactly one user of
omap_set_dma_channel_mode(), which is omap-udc, which means any DMA
channel made use of by omap-udc will have the LCH_CTRL register
modified to LCH_P, and it will remain that way even if someone else
subsequently makes use of the same channel.  That's rather suspicious
to me... maybe we can just initialise all LCH_CTRL registers to LCH_P
in the dmaengine driver in that case!  If not, then there's a bug
right there.

--
RMK's Patch system: http://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 12.1Mbps down 622kbps up