On 12/19/18 5:21 PM, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
   Hi,

You could probably have a comment here explaining the magic below
(just like in the commit message to ease the task of understanding
while reading the code why 2 of 8 bytes of the EDID header is checked
and why it is all needed). Of course one can use git blame... Up to you
Makes sense.

+       if (readb(bochs->mmio + 0) != 0x00 ||
+           readb(bochs->mmio + 1) != 0xff)
bochs->mmio is defined as "void __iomem   *mmio;". Can we please avoid
void pointer arithmetic here?
Why is that a problem?  gcc uses bytes when doing pointer arithmetic
with void pointers (even though it is undefined in the C standard),
and as far I know the linux kernel depends on that behavior anyway.

Also the driver already does it everywhere.
Ok then, just to be consistent with the rest of the driver.
cheers,
   Gerd