> I think there is only one object that can be modified in this function,

Such a view can be reasonable.

> so I didn't mention it.

I suggest to reconsider the conclusion.

>> I guess that an imperative wording is preferred also for this change
>> description.
>
> This sentence is referenced from the code comment, so I haven't change it.
> https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.7-rc7/source/lib/kobject.c#L459

I find that that there are further possibilities to consider for improvements
around the presented commit message (even after the mentioned copy
from the function description of this programming interface).

>> How do you think about to combine this update step together with
>> “nilfs2: Fix reference count leak in nilfs_sysfs_create_device_group”
>> into a small patch series?
>
> I'd like to improve the similar issues after I reporting this bunch of bugs.

Did you find questionable implementation details with the help of an evolving
source code analysis tool?

Regards,
Markus